Been running iPhone 2.2 for a few days now and some things I noticed:
- Mobile Safari UI change
- obvious Google Maps changes: street view, send location, different
- Mobile Safari seems(!) more stable
- IMAP email advanced preferences are screwed after the update from 2.1
to 2.2. You need to go inside and change the Sent/Drafts/Trash to be on
the server, instead of iPhone to prevent annoying errors.
- iTunes podcast downloading. Too bad you can't subscribe to a podcast.
- Appstore application now has an "update all" button for application
updates. So you don't need to go into the appstore, update one app, go
back again, update another, etc.
- Apps are updated in place instead of main home screen and moving to
the old place.
- Single click home button moves to first home page when you're in
- Spell checker/auto correction can be switched off. However, i belive
the auto correction works pretty well, but in the wrong order. It should
give me a proposed correction, but when I continue typing, not replace
the "wrong" word with the proposal. It should ignore the correction
unless I say it not to. On the other hand, using english as language you
can really speed up typing at the moment since the auto-correction e.g.
replace Ill with I'll etc.. Maybe the behaviour/order should be
configurable for the user per language?
- No more scrolling provider logo (like that is important..)
Things I'd like to see in future versions:
- the ability to organize your home screens in iTunes. I find moving
icons around on the iPhone itself annoying and tedious. I wish I'd be
able to drag groups of icons or better use iTunes to organize the
- horizontal typing in all apps
- taking a screenshot that shows all home screens in one big image.
- more bluetooth functions: sending data for instance.
- voice controls