"Sinterklaas" brought us the Wii with 2 controllers, Wii Play, Wii
Sports and Mario Kart Wii (with wheels).
Very short impression:
- Mario Kart is cool, kids love it, we love it.
- Wii Play gets boring after the first run
- Wii Sports, and especially tennis is fun. Baseball is like the real
game, a boring sport to play and watch. Golf is ok, Bowling is nice for
one or two games, Boxing is nice too. - the Wii interface is friendly and easy to navigate.
- Miis are funny, and mine actually looks freaky close to my real me
- graphics.. my Dreamcast beats the shit out of the Wii graphics wise. I
have watched a few trailers on the nintendo channels and there's no game
which makes me go "wow"! OTOH, I haven't seen enough yet to really form
- game experience.. This is where the Wii shines. Especially with the
sports games, you are really "into" the game. Controlling Kart is pretty
traditional, although using the wheel makes the experience a lot more
fun. And using the wii-motes' movement sensitivity offers a nice plus to
the game as well.
Not going into it any further, for most people, Wii is old news. But for
me, it's the first game console after the DC. I love 'em both..